MSDS Consultant Services, LLC
Regional Technician Project Coordinator SME, Functional Responsibility: Directs and monitors the requirements, framework conditions and progress of short-term IT projects involving a limited number of personnel. They ensure development of products/services to customer requirements within the specified resources. May also define goals and outline approach and make adjustments within the constraints set to achieve optimum results. Project Coordinators SME also direct technical and personnel resources for CTO.
The position involves:
- Meeting with the project leader or manager to understand all vital aspects of the information technology project.
- Ensuring that all team members understand the scope of the project as well as what they are individually responsible for.
- Making schedules of what needs to be completed by what date, as well as of team meetings and coordinating the same with other members.
- Handling the group’s human resource matters.
- Compiling and maintaining interim project reports and minutes of meetings.
- Communicating relevant information to all team members, such as change in schedule dates, changes in the project’s requirements, unexpected hitches etc.
- Coordinating activities with vendors and suppliers and maintaining relationships with them.
- Assisting the project leader in various activities such as budget monitoring and in meetings with management.
Knowledge and Skills: Regional Technician Project Coordinator SME must have good time management, multitasking and stress management skills to be able to ensure that tasks get completed on time.
Good team work and leadership skills are essential in order to motivate different groups of people to fulfill their responsibilities within a given time frame.
Project Coordinator SME Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Project Coordinator SME must have at the minimum a college degree in Business Management or Administration and sometimes would require a qualification pertaining to the specific industry.
- Ten years’ experience working in the project management arena as a project manager, including supporting the planning, programming, project development, information technology, implementation, and support services.
- Must have experience in Group/Profile specific competencies ranging from methods of tools for software development, engineering processes, and quality standards to project specification, risk/team management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have knowledge of government stakeholders on IT projects
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels within a government organization
- Some domestic travel experience
- At least ten years of government/office/commercial IT experience
- Must have a background in information technology to include understanding regional technician responsibilities, schedules, and project coordination
- Review regional technician documents to verify specific dimensioning, tolerances and adherence to organization, local codes, and industry standard practices
- Operate with some latitude for independent decision-making
- Must be proficient in current Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Project
- Experience working with the Diplomatic Security Chief Technology Officer, DS/CTO is a plus
- Must have a Top Secret clearance or ability to obtain one
- IT project management or experience with systems installation preferred
Mandatory requirement: Must be a U.S. Citizen and capable of obtaining and maintain a Top Secret security clearance through the federal government
To apply for this job please visit www.msdsconsultant.com.